Impregnate with Grace

Beloved, live in expectancy. 

"May you be impregnate with Grace.
May the presence of God reside within in you, so that others may encounter Him."

This end of Christmas service blessing...has been echoing in my mind since it was uttered over that crowded room. Sitting at the back and surrounded by families with adorable bouncing babies on their knees. And I...my own lap feeling so very empty...but my soul full to bursting. For God is up to something new within me. 

Mary. That naive young lady.
But I know so little...I have no experience. How can this be? How could you bring this about...through me? 
Yet I will trust you. May it be unto me as you have said.
And OH the scandal! How messy and dirty the whole story was.
Pledged to be married...yet pregnant and the father unknown!
Cutting rumors.
Impractical.
Confusing.
....Mysterious.
No matter how many people scoffed and didn't understand, God provided and protected...and grew the presence of Christ in her. He gave dreams and visions to lead during a time of uncertainty.
And how unfair it seemed...the Holy birthed in such grime!?
Even so...those guided by angelic visions and starlit wide eyes...recognized Glory.
And Mary treasured and wondered and found peace...
at the mystery brought about by her own flesh and toil.

Did I ask God to shake me up? Probably, I tend to ask for those sort of things. :)
Well...whatever new direction and inspiration I needed, I have been given.
But just glimpses.
Something new growing inside me.
Or not something new...ideas and dreams that always existed but for years I had put off for "someday." But He said...the time is now, Beloved!

Sometimes you have to take a risk. And it might not make sense to many people.
But I have never been one to believe in coincidence
...and when there is a calling I must go to Him.
 It's a new year, friends! I don't really know what God is up to...but I'm expectant of good things. Exciting things on the horizon.

Beloved, live in expectancy this year. (Not expectations, mind you...there's a difference.)
May you be expectant that God will come through. That He has his absolute best in store for you. And may you recognize his gifts. May you recognize Glory when you experience it today, tomorrow, and forever.

~~

Patience is more than endurance. A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says - "I cannot stand any more!" But God does not heed. He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God's hands. Maintain your relationship to Jesus Christ by the patience of faith.
"Though He slay me, yet will I wait for Him"
~Oswald Chambers


Not without design does God write the music of our lives. Be it ours to learn the tune, and not be dismayed at the "rests." They are not to be slurred over, not to be omitted, not to destroy the melody, not to change the keynote. If we look up, God Himself will beat the time for us. With the eye on Him, we shall strike the next note full and clear. If we sadly say to ourselves, "There is no music in a 'rest,'" let us not forget "there is the making of music in it." The making of music is often a slow and painful process in this life. How patiently God works to teach us! How long He waits for us to learn the lesson!
~John Ruskin

Comments

Popular Posts