New Beginnings


It's also time for me to start a new blog!

(Because Google won't let me share my old one with another Google account...and my Central account won't last forever. Ridiculous. fyi...access to my old blog is one of the links on the side of this page.)

However, I've been feeling a desire to write more...so perhaps this will give me the motivation to do so!

The time has also come for a change in my life.
A transition
into the "real world" of adult life.

I recently graduated college and,
five (almost six) interviews later,
(a surprising number considering that I am entering a limited career position: the Art teacher)
...
I am now preparing for my position as a Middle School Art Teacher!



It's an exciting and terrifying time

The unknown

Living in "expectancy" rather than "expectation."

And trusting that, though I'm leaving what I know behind and going somewhere new with people I don't know...
I won't be alone
that God has gone before me and prepared the way.
I trust Him.
I've been learning how to do that more and more these past years in college.

My go to song is Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus...it has been for awhile. It's my unceasing prayer.

"Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus...oh for grace to trust Him more."


Times like these make a person strong.
Feeling homeless,
the In-Between,
Helps me realize that this is the true reality. That this world is not really my home anyway...and I must be careful to not let my heart settle.
We are wanderers in a foreign land.


I recently read a commentary on the story of Cain and Abel. (Jesus Wants to Save Christians)
Cain was a farmer
Abel was a shepherd.
A farmer is settled.
A shepherd is nomadic...views all land as a place of possibility...no place as truly "home."
Remember how God favored Abel's offering?
and how that really ticked off Cain...so much that he killed his own brother?

Perhaps settling can cause problems. I'm talking about the heart...settling into a place where it becomes apathetic and cannot grow spiritually. Settling creates an atmosphere where we forget God...the God who saved us.

So although I long to create a home and raise a family...that kind of settled.
May I never lose the tendency my heart has to search for God. The tendency that has been nurtured especially during my college years.


As Pastor Joe would say: "Ours is a God of NEW beginnings!!"

Comments

Popular Posts