Still Small Voice

Monday morning. Pre-K. Right before Thanksgiving break.
Cue the mayhem.

But I had a lesson to surely win over my littles. I told them a story about how a turkey got loose in the art room and knocked over the primary color paints and tracked paint everywhere. The kiddos ate it up!! They then used pipe cleaners bent into three-toed turkey feet to make turkey tracks on their papers. As they printed, I stopped at each student and asked them where a turkey would hide if it got in their house.

Finished early, we spent the last 10 minutes back on the carpet reading a Thanksgiving book and just trying to keep busy. They were super squirrely and I was trying to get the class under control...but then John, one of the smallest, sweetest, and quietest boys crept up to me and put his hands lightly on my knees.

Leaning close he whispered slowly with big eyes,

"You know where a turkey would hide in my house?"

I couldn't help it. He had my attention, despite the wild turkeys rolling all over the carpet behind him. I halted in the middle of saying a command...

I leaned closer.

"Where?"

...I honestly don't really remember his answer. I just remember how his sweetness made me pause in the midst of chaos to stop and listen to his little voice.

~
Today...may you stop in the middle of your busyness to focus on kindness and, perhaps, God's still small voice.

Comments

Popular Posts