Only the Good Stuff

To speak of things merely mortal...

I love Ann Voskamp's "Only The Good Stuff: Multivitamins" weekly blogs. I just love her writing, period! She is one of my heroes. If you have never read her blog...check it out now (http://www.aholyexperience.com/.)

I don't exactly know when it started...but awhile back I realized that writing negative things on social media does me no good. In fact it makes me feel worse. So, I strive to be someone who shares "only the good stuff". I search for beauty and share it. I shed insight into the unseen. No matter what the situation...I try to find the positive...the little gifts God gives even when life is rough.

I don't believe that only sharing the good makes me fake. I choose to only shout about God's goodness into cyberspace not only because others may need it...but because I am constantly reminding myself of it. I need it. I need more of it.

(But also, I just don't fancy being anything like those people that complain on facebook all! the! time! Or you know the ones that shout at some anonymous person in their statuses? lol, really mature.)

So I collect holy moments and beautiful things, and in so doing, build a temple of remembrance.
"Here I raise mine Ebenezer, hither by thy help I'm come."

Inspired by Ann, thought I would share my recent collection of soul multivitamins. Enjoy :)

This is so beautiful that I couldn't stop smiling (ok, partly because of how great his Irish accent is...but mostly for the message) and I was laughing/crying at the end...joy tears! It sums up so much of what I'm passionate about. Ah! if "church" was always a celebration of God's gifts? We each seek the holy and the marvelous and share them with each other. What a feast that would be!!

X-Ray Photography art. Super cool. (see more)

This young woman brings so much joy. I'm so glad she's my roommate
Sometimes we'll be talking and..."SQUIRREL" she'll think of something entirely different and get super excited. Like this time she suddenly found a tube of bubbles in with the pens and pencils. I continued doing whatever in the kitchen and heard, "Amy, look! Bubbles!!" from outside on the porch (which was roasting hot by the sun, not pleasant at all).  Cracks me up.

Bubble Poppin Behavior - Teacher Tipster on self control. This guy is hilarious

 
Downton Abbey and Solar System necklace. Totally getting these!

Do YOU believe in me?!!

Not as funny as the first time I saw it (which was really late at night)...but is good for a chuckle

Knitting socks...a new love of my life. (I like to keep my hands busy when I watch TV)

These hilarious pictures of a mother's joy

Akiane Kramarik
Just...amazing! If she is painting like this at such a young age...I cannot wait to see what is to come!

We finally have real life plants for our apartment. Yay! Linus and Lucy 

So Pretty

Chihuly - Through the Looking Glass

Now that I'm rocking the flapper-dapper hair, I vow to wear more awesome headbands

Alexa Meade - your body is my canvas

In the last week I've suddenly become addicted to Zumba dance workouts. Royals is one of my favorites. Annnd this mug would look great on my desk at school...just saying

Iris Scott: Finger-painting...I love this SO much!!

And this...check it out here

I just finished reading this, highlighting, taking notes, and creating a plan of my own. I really wish they had had this as a required reading during college. So good. Would recommend it to teachers...new OR seasoned. Very applicable.
Speaking of which, I've very proud of this. I came up with a set of concrete rules for my room that fit into the acronym ARTIST. I'm going to make a poster:

Always Do Your Best
Respect Yourself, Others, and Materials
Take Responsibility - Clean Up!
Immediately Follow Directions
Stay Seated - Raise Your Hand and Wait Patiently
Talk Quietly and Keep Working


I've always loved certain old hymns, but lately they are my prayers:
"Be Thou My Vision"

"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"

And this...we sang this version of Psalm 23 when I was at Nebraska Christian College. Love it.

Comments

  1. I love hearing about your life! Thanks for sharing the good stuff...I knew from the title that it was an Ann reference! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts